Saturday, February 9, 2019

How It's Done: Inking Part 2

Once the ink has dried, I break out the eraser and start erasing the pencils lines underneath the ink and around the inked lines.


I will use a plastic or rubber eraser to go over the inked lines.  
To get rid of eraser residue and dust on the page, I will use a drafting brush as opposed to blowing on the page or brushing it away with my hands.  It's safer and much easier.

Once all that is done and the pencils are completely erased, I will start masking in areas of black on the page with a brush and black ink.


Once the black areas dry, I will use either a nib pen or specialty pen like the Uniball or Pilot to add in patterns, details, shading and so on.


Once all that is finished and dried, I do one more thing - with either a nib or a Pilot pen, I will sign the work!


There is still more to do after that...but we'll have to wait until next time!

Buy me a Ko-Fi!

Visit my other blog and comics at Sunnyville Stories!


Vote for Tiffany & Corey on Top Webcomics!