Saturday, January 26, 2019

How It's Done: Sketching

So how does a Tiffany & Corey cartoon get produced?  First, I go to my notebook looking for ideas.


I scour through the notebook for something that can be drawn.  Once an idea gets selected, I start work.  The caption for the cartoon (if any) is scrawled on the back of the cardstock paper in 2H pencil.  


Then I flip the paper over and start drawing!  Yes, the idea comes first before the drawing.  Anyway, I may do a light drawing with 2H pencil but usually finish everything with a mechanical HB pencil.


Here is a finished cartoon in pencil.  Of course, pencils don't reproduce well.  I have to ink the cartoon.  But that is for next time, friends!

Buy me a Ko-Fi!

Visit my other blog and comics at Sunnyville Stories!


Vote for Tiffany & Corey on Top Webcomics!