Saturday, January 19, 2019

How It's Done: My Drawing Materials

Welcome back, Tiffany & Corey fans, for another round of the inside view of how Tiffany & Corey get drawn!

I am old-school in drawing Tiffany & Corey.  I use pen and paper.


This is where the magic happens - I draw at this desk loaded up with pens, pencils, inks and other inspirational items.


I draw with black India ink.  I make sure it's the waterproof variety as anything else like water-based, water-soluble and non-waterproof will smear when erased, even after drying.


I use a round watercolor brush to mask in areas of black in the cartoons.  But the brush is not my main tool.  Tiffany & Corey cartoons get drawn with a nib pen.


I use a metal nib held inside a plastic holder.  I will usually use a Speedball 512 (show in the photo above) or a crow quill nib if a thinner line is required.  As for my paper, I use a white cardstock paper of 8.5 x 11 inches of around 100lb. weight so the paper doesn't buckle.  I usually buy these in bulk for cheap at craft stores like Michael's or Hobby Lobby.

Next week: an actual cartoon gets drawn!


Buy me a Ko-Fi!

Visit my other blog and comics at Sunnyville Stories!


Vote for Tiffany & Corey on Top Webcomics!