Saturday, February 16, 2019

How It's Done: On Color

Now for a brief interlude, fans.  Tiffany & Corey is chiefly done in black & white.  In spite of this, I do occasional color work.  Since this work is chiefly drawn traditionally, I use traditional media to color cartoons or illustrations.


Markers are my tool of choice to color any work with Tiffany & Corey.  I get good quality markers from art supply stores but these brands like Prismacolor, Copic and so on can cost a lot of money.  Lucky for me, I look for bargains and shop around where I can.  



This cartoon you see above is an example of one colored traditionally with markers.  I can work quickly with markers and they reproduce well.

More rarely will I do digital coloring.  I use Photoshop and stick to flat coloring due to the simple style of Tiffany & Corey.


This cartoon here is an example of digital coloring.  It's not my favorite method but I will do it sometimes.

That's it for now.  Watch for more next time!



Buy me a Ko-Fi!

Visit my other blog and comics at Sunnyville Stories!


Vote for Tiffany & Corey on Top Webcomics!